Do you want to work with a group of smart, fun, friendly colleagues who are committed to being the best communication professionals in Canada, and who are part of one of the most prestigious and respected communication firms in the world? Ketchum Public Relations Canada is looking for a Senior Account Executive to join it’s growing office practice. We will challenge and build all your skills.
For us, culture matters. Do you want to be known as a professional who:
- has his/her clients’ back
- has his/her colleagues’ back
- gives smart, informed counsel
- jumps at opportunities for professional development, to get better
- adds value to everything he/she touches
- wants to work where they value mastery, autonomy and purpose
- thinks big AND sweats the details because your reputation matters
Overview of this Account Executive Role at Ketchum:
You are a go-to professional who implements client programs. In this role you will have direct client contact, and will be working with a client roster that’s built on big, household names. You will help with both planning and execution of client programs. You know how to report results to your teams and clients. You are a colleague that everyone wants to work with, but can also complete a task independently with little supervision. You are driven and have passion for your work and want to continue learning and achieving professional success. You have strong corporate experience working across multiple industry areas, serving clients across the full spectrum of corporate communications, from corporate reputation, issues management, crisis preparedness, CSR, B2B, social and digital, thought leadership and executive visibility.
- Think and participate.
- Maintain regular contact with clients; proactively offer and implement new ways to meet client needs.
- Build understanding and knowledge of the clients’ business and their competitive environments.
- Actively participate/contribute to the development of account plans/ideas. Provide appropriate instruction to junior staff on projects.
- Participate in program presentations to clients or new business presentations.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively develop full range of written materials.
- Initiate implementation of media events, briefings, media tours, etc.
- Implement account plans and manage teams through conception to planning to execution, with support from senior leadership.
- Facilitate teamwork by delegating and involving junior staff members whenever possible.
- Receive and give constructive feedback.
- Create and manage budgets, with support from financial manager
- Develop an understanding of various research methods; coordinate internal and external resources in implementing research projects.
- Stay current with trends and share with broader teams.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would qualify. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English, Marketing or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in public relations or similar position in a non-agency setting.
As a global public relations and communications agency with 90 plus years of experience, Ketchum builds brands and reputations for clients. We start conversations, build communities and engage stakeholders—and have a lot of fun doing it. We inspire and empower our people to think about products, companies, issues and challenges in a different way. And we’re just crazy enough to think we can impact the world – and how it responds to ideas – through communication.
We believe great ideas shatter expectations, change thinking and build brands. We call this break through, and it’s our mission to deliver it. How? Very simply—our people. By listening, cultivating diverse perspectives and rewarding fearless creativity, we’ve developed a culture of break through.
Interested? We’ve got an opportunity for you.