This role is a strategic business development position whose primary goal is to generate new business and maintain existing business for TRADER Corporation with leading Key Industry Partners (i.e. Dealer Superstores, National OEMs, and Dealer Groups) based in the respective regions. This role provides engagement leadership to both TRADER's sales force and clients, develops senior level client relationships, and is regarded by the client as an expert and trusted advisor. In addition, The Account Director is responsible for consistent client satisfaction and overall business profitability.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for setting strategies, executing those strategies and achieving revenue growth with new and existing clients.
- Develops sales proposals and presentations designed to meet individual client needs and maximize business potential; negotiates expectations, terms, conditions, and pricing.
- Overall financial management of account revenue and profitability for the assigned client group.
- Develops customer accounts by proactively gathering and reviewing information to identify high-level sales opportunities.
- Focuses on the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation within existing assignments, and long-term account goals in line with TRADER's vision.
- Understands customer's wants so they can create need and sell on value instead of just product based selling; demonstrates a continued personal concern for the customer in order to remind the customer of the value of TRADER.
- Responsible for all client communications, conflict resolution, and compliance on client deliverables and revenue; ensures that client issues are dealt with in an efficient manner while maintaining excellent customer relations; responds to client's needs with a sense of urgency.
- Responsible for being the single point of contact throughout the entire sales process; acts as the leader and planner and anticipates any potential risks or obstacles and prepares alternatives so the outcome is not jeopardized; oversees communication with all involved.
- Helps clients to gain maximum benefit from product offerings by committing to continuous education that provides information updates or product training; stays on top of information needed by customers in an effort to serve as a resource.
- Provides proactive assistance and support to both clients and peers; seeks opportunities to share expertise and experience in a mentoring role.
- Maintains strong knowledge of new and existing TRADER product offerings as well as new products in the market, industry trends and new developments; understands current competitive conditions within the marketplace; is recognized as an industry leader and subject matter expert.
- Territory/Account Management:
- Completes Weekly Sales planner to ensure penetration of assigned accounts and maintenance of existing client revenue base; proactively calls on existing accounts; identifies correct priorities and schedules sales calls accordingly.
- Successful works with Marketing team to develop sales collateral to position as a subject matter and industry expert.
- Contributes information to TRADER's market strategy by monitoring competitive products and reactions from clients; recommends new solutions and services by evaluating current solutions and identifying needs to be filled.
- Meets sales targets and objectives for all accounts.
- Maintains sufficient customer records to ensure proper account organization and administration.
- Prepares a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, KPI's and adherence to goals/targets.
- Presents and negotiates rates with clients; prepares and signs client contracts.
- Ensures all documentation and reports are complete, accurate and submitted to other departments within assigned timelines.
- Ability to take initiative in a business unit and take action on problems or opportunities without being prompted.
- Willingness to commit time and effort to ensure success and results; ability to remain focused on the goal and not easily discouraged or distracted.
- Ability to provide proactive assistance and support through mentoring and coaching.
- Ability to develop technical competencies to stay abreast of new developments and to learn enough about related fields to apply knowledge effectively in the business.
- Ability to educate customers through structured training helping the customer to gain maximum benefit from product offerings.
- Capable of developing comprehensive product knowledge specific to customer needs to be a credible resource.
- Strong closing techniques; using logical, incremental steps; ability to close a sale through continuously describing benefits so that the client can't say no.
- Ability to immediately engage customers with an enthusiastic and persuasive presentation style.
- Intermediate level computer skills in Microsoft Office and computer tools.
- People skills; effective team player with strong communication (verbal & written) and listening skills.
- Drive for results; ability to turn a customer from good to great.
- Strong time and resource management skills along with organizational skills; ability to prioritize and quickly respond to customer requests.
- Self-Development skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.