Studiothink is one of the largest and most established agencies in BC, and we are looking for an enthusiastic and talented Digital Designer to add to their growing team. This is a full-time permanent in-house position. We are looking for someone who has a passion for design and branding, and is able to develop stunning and strategic design across a number of platforms, including web and print.
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years experience working as a designer, and an innate ability to just ‘get it’ when it comes to producing anything from ads, to logos, packaging, websites or signage. Your skills allow you to easily and quickly complete the design and production needed on any project, big or small.
A day in the life at Studiothink will require you to juggle multiple projects, all while functioning under the pressure of deadlines. This means you must be cool under pressure, have a great sense of humour, a positive outlook, and be able to focus your attention on creating great design without sacrificing quality.
You will be working closely with an amazing team of strategists, designers and programmers, and are willing to collaborate on projects, offering your advice, input and ideas.
You have wicked skills in the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign in particular), and can easily move from print to web design. You have some knowledge of front end programming and are interested and capable of delving further into digital design as well as UX and UI design.
As our new Studiothinker, you will not only be required to be an exceptional and passionate designer, but you will also believe in and exemplify our 10 Core Values. This is a full-time, in-house position, and requires you to have an outstanding ability to communicate, both written and verbal.
JOB WINNING TRAITS
- Believes in and exemplifies our 10 Core Values.
- A deep passion for design and digital media.
- An amazing portfolio of great logos and websites.
- A desire to work with, and belong to, a team of equally talented and motivated people.
- Able to conceptualize and strategize in order to produce amazing designs and generate new ideas for clients.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Able to handle deadlines and stress, even when your system crashes.
- Someone with character, who has a friendly, outgoing personality (p.s. we love quirks).
- Comfortable and well spoken when meeting clients and presenting concepts.
- You pride yourself on impeccable visual design, relentless attention to detail, and always push yourself to make things ever-simpler
- A genuine interest in continuously expanding your knowledge and learning new skills.
- Great work ethic and a desire to find a “home” with an agency long term.
- You are probably the type who will get a lot of use out of ‘Unwined’, our wine and coffee bar.
- Did we mention a great portfolio?