We are currently hiring a full-time experienced content editor-meets-social media guru with an impeccable writing style, unique voice, and discerning eye.
OUR DREAM COLLEAGUE
You are a natural writer and communicator who can manage many deadlines and assignments simultaneously because you’re extremely organized. You enjoy connecting with people and consider yourself an expert on social media! Your proofreading and fact-checking skills are second-to-none.
In addition to your natural writing ability, you have an eye for style, and you love weddings, fashion, design, flowers, and trendspotting! You have a LONG list of personal style icons and influencers that you follow online. You are a social media expert and possibly even have an impressive number of followers. You enjoy obsessing over things like traffic data and social media insights to refine and grow an audience.
You emanate positive energy and love dealing directly with people! You naturally take excellent care of your clients and colleagues. You are a self-starter, enjoy working independently with minimal supervision, but you’re a consummate team player.
YOUR DREAM JOB
You will be directly responsible for crafting the magazine’s voice with factual, accurate, fun, and interesting written content. You will be writing and managing content and maintaining the editorial calendar for our wedding magazine(s), event(s), website(s), digital publication(s), daily blog (s), custom publishing and design clients, and external/internal company communications.
On a daily basis, you will:
- Review and approve content submissions
- Write, proofread, and fact-check wedding stories and styled-shoot content for all company publications and channels, ensuring everything is properly credited across all platforms
- Research trends, influencers, and emerging talent in the luxury wedding and event industry
- Schedule, create and post all real wedding and styled-shoot content to our website and social channels
- Maintain a robust and interesting content schedule
- Manage and oversee all editorial interns; this includes hiring and training
- Field questions from couples/contributors/advertisers regarding deadline extensions, policies, etc.
- Collect and manage forms and waivers for all content
- Notify all contributors when their work has been accepted or rejected for publishing
- Field questions/comments sent through social media accounts
- Archive all submissions within our internal system
- Assist in coverage of live events
- Excellent command of English language, written and verbal
- At least 2-3 years of writing experience
- Experience using content management systems and social media platforms
- Experience with content curation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to write flawless copy on deadline in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Ability to establish priorities and plan and monitor own work plan.
- Self-motivated, positive attitude
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Demonstrated passion or knowledge of luxury fashion, weddings, design, style, etc