Hiring an Experienced SEO Specialist Full-Time
What We're Looking For
If you enjoy the thrill of increasing rank on thousands of keywords, working fast, and being at a company where the CEO is among North America's most trusted SEO experts, this role might be for you!
The ideal candidate…
- Loves the Internet.
- Is obsessed with doing things right the first time.
- Possesses a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Takes initiative and has a knack for fixing problems.
- Feels comfortable talking to a CEO or Bob the plumber.
- Is eager and willing to tackle new experiences and situations.
You're going to fit the bill if:
- You are passionate about search marketing and pride yourself in staying ahead of the curve in terms of the latest strategies and tactics.
- You're just as good at evaluating a campaign from a holistic macro-view as you are getting your hands dirty, in the trenches.
- You are quantitative, pragmatic, and methodical in your approach to SEO.
- You have relentlessly high standards, and are never satisfied with the status quo.
- You are invigorated, not intimidated, by large volumes of data and keywords. You are adept at analyzing data at scale. Being an Excel pro helps!
- You have deep experience working on SEO on large sites, and are great at identifying Site Architecture flaws or Information Architecture problems.
- You are an ambitious self-starter who takes pride in being “first in class”.
- You enjoy problem-solving and have a genuine curiosity about how consumers search for information.
- You work well with many types of people and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- You’re an excellent communicator, especially when incorporating data to substantiate your thesis.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Working with mid to large sized sites and corporate clients in the B2C and B2B verticals, managing end to end SEO campaigns including reporting activities.
- Monitoring weekly and monthly key performance metrics to understand organic search performance across multiple keyphrase segments.
- Identifying growth opportunities in core areas such as site infrastructure, keyword selection, or on-page factors optimization.
- Writing SEO site audits and recommendations documents and designing experiments to test new strategies and opportunities for growth.
- Setting the strategy and deployment of scalable link development programs via UGC, widgets, quizzes, badges, infographics, plugin development and other such channels.
- Performing granular traffic and conversion analysis across multiple analytics views to gain insight into keyword and landing page performance.
- Identifying and analyzing competitor techniques, as well as bench-marking client performance against competitors.
- Optimizing internal linking structures to maximize rankings across our keyword portfolio.
- Assessing and understanding each market’s needs related to Search, and communicating them to various internal and external stakeholders.
The right candidate needs to have intermediate to expert level experience in all aspects of Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing. We love a person who is in the know and isn’t afraid to voice their opinions. So if you’re out there on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or write your own blog, we already like you!
However, the following requirements are essential to being a superstar in this role:
- A Bachelor’s degree or a College diploma. We don’t care in what!
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work full time in our Toronto office 5 days a week.
- At least 1-2 years of hands-on work experience in search engine optimization with a track record for successfully improving both individual rankings for keywords/phrases and improving overall site traffic through wide scale application of best practices. The right candidate will have got their hands deep in the trenches of link research, requests, building, and acquisition.