Graphic Designer Contract
The primary responsibility of the Graphic Designer is to design, develop and prepare mechanical assembly of creative materials as assigned and briefed by respective MarCom communication managers and planners. Creative projects will be assigned across a spectrum of communication disciplines with a focus on advertising, retail point of sale and event marketing support materials.
Key Accountabilities (List the 5-10 major areas of responsibility for role):
- Design and prepare finished art for communication support materials including, but not limited to, co-op ads, flyer inserts, catalogues, consumer brochures, posters, product knowledge material, mock-up creative in an environment, event signage and category imagery for retail point of sale.
- Develop original Canadian specific support materials on brief, ensuring consistency with global corporate identity guidelines.
- Assume lead role in coordinating all creative source material drawing from global resources and original photography as required.
- Prepare and deliver final files to magazines and/or printers for publication and production.
- Take lead role in identifying printer suppliers; provide recommendations based on evaluation of quality control and cost efficiencies.
- Design and develop graphic support materials for consumer exhibitions and trade show booths.
- Establish productive relationships with global and U.S. internal and creative agency contacts to leverage all available tools and resources.
- Develop seasonal updates to adidas AdMat Retail Workbook.
- Prepare comp layouts of advertising and in-store POS concepts for presentation to retailers.
- Coordinate sell-in materials and communication support tools for sales reps as directed.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- A passion for sport coupled with adept creative sensibilities.
- 2-4 years post-graduate work experience in an established creative and/or studio environment.
- Extensive knowledge and working experience of Adobe Creative Suites programs: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Exemplary organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Extensive graphic design and page layout skills.
- Experience manipulating digital photography, lighting and colour-correction (product and model shots).
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver against strict deadlines.
- Familiarity with Autocad and FTP sites are considered strong assets.
- Bilingualism an asset.
Qualifications (Minimum required education and experience):
Graduate degree from a leading art college and/or university graphic design related program.