Graphic Designer/Intermediate Art Director Full-Time
1-800-GOT-JUNK? is looking for a Graphic Designer/Intermediate Art Director to join our marketing department. We have a vibrant, hardworking and fun corporate culture and we are looking for this key role to take our branding and design to the next level.
The Graphic Designer/Intermediate Art Director role plays a key part in our fun, tight-knit Marketing Team and focuses on conceptualizing, designing, and creating communications material used at the corporate head office (The Junktion), as well as by our Franchise Partners throughout Canada, the US and Australia. This role assists in all design related areas of our business including marketing communications material for print and online.
The successful candidate will have proven design expertise as well as the confidence and initiative to competently manage the design process from start to finish, including working with print and online vendors. Candidates must also have a good understanding of all aspects of the marketing process and should be able to work with franchise owners on a professional level.
You are …
- Passionate about crafting marketing experiences on all platforms - web, mobile, print, etc.
- Able to craft holistic solutions - from acquisition campaigns to microsites to consumer sites to community platforms
- Well versed in marketing with a good understanding of all aspects of the marketing process
- Passionate about new technologies and are aware of the emerging trends
- Teeming with excellent design skills with the drive and initiative to put them to work on each and every project
- Proud of your impressive portfolio which demonstrates your ability to articulate myriad concepts of marketing programs and advertising initiatives
- Exceptionally detail oriented
- Hard-working with a strong work ethic and “get it done”
- A good humoured, fun, somewhat quirky, creative individual that loves to constantly challenge themselves
- Looking to join a team of fellow marketing professionals whom you can inspire and be inspired by
- Comfortable in an open, friendly environment office environment where you can be yourself
- You exhibit our core values: Passion, Integrity, Professionalism, and Empathy
- Already excited about our brand and can assertively handle brand management and compliance issues
Your Role & Responsibilities
You will be the primary contact and go-to person for Franchise Partners and their print vendors for all creative service requests.
- Print ads
- Direct mail packages
- Press Kits
- Apparel designs (t-shirts, etc.)
- Guerilla marketing collateral
- Other collateral (buck slip, door hangers, post-it notes, etc.)
- Display banners
- Email Campaigns
- Website landing pages
- Intermediate knowledge of designing for both print and web and a well-developed understanding of the technical differences between the two
- 3+ years’ experience of offline and interactive advertising experience
- Proven design skills including ad layout, illustrative, editing and manipulating skills
- Strong, working knowledge of Adobe CS5- primarily InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat
- HTML//CSS is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in a business-to-business environment
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office, the Internet and software in general
- A strong, working knowledge of MS Word, Excel
About the Company
1-800-GOT-JUNK? is the world’s largest junk removal service and is privately-owned. The company has 175 Franchise Partners throughout Canada, the US and Australia with a system-wide staff of over 1,200 employees. Always focused on the future, we are currently researching the UK for further expansion. Our company has high profile media achievements including over 2,000 stories (CNBC, CNN, Wall Street Journal, Hoarders, etc.)and numerous prestigious business awards. To learn more about our company visit us at 1800gotjunk.com