Associate Creative Director Full-Time
Resonance Consultancy creates strategies and stories that shape the future of places, products and organizations. We create meaningful marketing that connects more deeply, satisfying curiosity and making people feel good about the things they want to buy, the causes that interest them and the places that make them dream whether it’s on a blog, the web, social media, magazines, short films or even a coffee table book.
Our client list includes international organizations as diverse as the governments of Calgary and Haiti, luxury communities in Kauai and Park City, legends like Wayne Gretzky, consumer brands like Sunice, and even events, including the 2010 Winter Olympics.
Our expanding creative studio in Vancouver’s Gastown is seeking an Associate Creative Director to join a multi-disciplinary team of graphic designers, writers, filmmakers and web developers who work together to build the tools that connect communication strategy with story.
The Associate Creative Director will help provide oversight of the creative team and creative processes, including the ideation, presentation and execution of client branding, marketing and communications campaigns. The ACD works with the team to develop creative concepts for ads, websites, outdoor media, videos, brochures, etc., translating marketing strategy into a visual language that speaks to target audiences and expresses a brand’s story succinctly and powerfully. The ability to understand, develop and elegantly communicate marketing messages (and to accept their prime importance) is one of the qualities that separates a creative director from a designer at Resonance.
- Direct designers/developers/editors so that the environment, culture, team, capabilities, tools, processes, expectations, work style and other elements support the strategic goals and brand of Resonance.
- Deliver strategic, creative, resonant and innovative communication solutions that help our clients attain their marketing and communications objectives by listening, asking, hearing, prioritizing and translating client situation, marketing goals and information into strategic brand concepts, voice, messages and rationales.
- Contribute to the strategic and creative development of the agency’s marketing and branding efforts for new business development.
- Research and share with colleagues new emerging technologies, applications and super awesome design, and find opportunities to integrate them into our projects.
- A post-secondary education in design or advertising
- A minimum of 5-7 years experience as a designer/art director/creative director
- Proficiency in Adobe CS5 including, but not limited to, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Ability to lead a team and manage and prioritize multiple projects in a demanding work environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of print production processes
- Excellent time management, organizational and problem solving skills; you’re also very detail oriented
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment is key.
- Available to travel periodically
- The successful candidate can argue for the superiority of both red and white wine, and enjoy going out for lunch in Gastown.